As a labor union, we are committed to union democracy and we follow these values with integrity.
Buffalo Psychiatric Center
400 Forest Ave. Buffalo, NY 14213
Mandatory Vaccination Update 10/15/21
As we previously advised your Local CSEA Leadership, CSEA became aware last week that the Governor and the OMH Commissioner are requiring mandatory vaccination for OMH staff.
OMH then issued the implementing regulation requiring vaccination. CSEA filed an Improper Practice Charge (“IPC”) with PERB because the state did not negotiate this decision with us. CSEA is also applying for injunctive relief to stop implementation until the state negotiates with us. We have a similar IPC and Temporary Restraining Order (“TRO”) against the Court System for its imposition of a vaccine mandate without negotiations. There is no guarantee that we will be granted such an order, but we strongly believe our right to negotiate this is being violated.
What we know now is that ALL OMH staff in inpatient settings are required to have at least one dose of Covid 19 vaccine by November 1st. As we gather additional information on this matter and take additional actions we will keep you posted.
Mandatory Vaccination Update 10/06/21
CSEA became aware late yesterday that the Governor and the OMH Commissioner intend to require mandatory vaccination for OMH staff.
CSEA immediately contacted OMH. At this point OMH doesn’t even have the Regulation to require vaccination written and finalized. CSEA also immediately began preparing to file an Improper Practice Charge with PERB because the state did not negotiate this decision with CSEA. CSEA intends to also apply for injunctive relief to stop implementation until the state negotiates. Please note, however, that CSEA has a similar IPC and Temporary Restraining Order (TRO) against the Court System for its imposition of a vaccine mandate without negotiations. That case is scheduled to be further argued on Friday and if the Judge lifts the TRO it will reflect badly on any effort in this matter.
What we know now is that the Governor and the OMH Commissioner are seeking that ALL OMH staff in inpatient settings have at least the 1st COVID-19 vaccine by Nov 1st. As we gather additional information and what actions CSEA takes on this matter we will keep you posted.
What is CSEA Local 403?
We organize and represent workers to ensure our voice is heard, our place at the table is kept and the American dream is ours in the 21st century.
As a labor union, we hold these values as our working principles:
- Honesty: We are honest with ourselves and each other.
- Inclusiveness: Every group, every idea is welcomed.
- Full Participation: We encourage and expect full participation in all union matters.
- Respect: We respect each other and honor our differences.
- Diversity: We celebrate our diversity and use it to strengthen us.
- Open Communications: We listen and provide for open communication across all parts of our union and in all directions.
- Accountability: We are accountable for our actions and decisions.
- Fiscal Responsibility: We conduct our business in a fiscally sound manner.
As a labor union, we are committed to union democracy and we follow these values with integrity
These links provide updates for members to help stand in solidarity with
other union brothers and sisters:
- Finalizing Contract Language
- JANUS VS. AFSCME
- Direct Support Professionals Letter
- NYS/CSEA Contract FAQ: Retroactive Payments and Tax Effects
- Supplemental Wage Payments (Longevity)
- Need your CSEA ID# for elections?
- Buy American Means More Good Jobs For New Yorkers
CSEA is seeking entries for the Nadra Floyd Award and the Membership Achievement Award – Learn more here.
Join the HOT list of AFL-CIO to learn more about positive actions, labor facts and news from locals that deserve our attention by texting HOT to AFLCIO (235246).
Join the NOT list of AFL-CIO to learn more about actions that can use your support, who is working against working family interests and what can be done by texting NOT to AFLCIO (235246).