UNITED WAY’S RESPONSE TO COVID-19 (CORONAVIRUS)
In a community where the conversation around the implications of Coronavirus (COVID-19) has been accelerating in recent days, we are reminded of our collective responsibility to our families, colleagues, neighbors and all community members. As an organization dedicated to the health and well-being of our community, we are closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation and taking steps to minimize the impact of an outbreak.
Attendance and leave policies and policy bulletins regarding changes due to COVID-19:
- Administration of Civil Service Attendance and Leave Policy Bulletins
- Policy Bulletin 2020-01
- Policy Bulletin 2020-04
- Policy Bulletin 2020-05
We encourage everyone to follow the recommendations from health professionals and local governments to reduce the risk of COVID-19 infection for yourselves and others. Below are links to reputable resources.
- 211 WNY: www.211wny.org or call 211 from your cellular phone
- Crisis Services: http://crisisservices.org/ 716-834-3131
WNY Child Care Network:
Agencies in need of support:
- FeedMore (Meals on Wheels, WNY Food Bank) https://www.feedmorewny.org/volunteer/
- Blood Donations: https://www.connectlife.org/
Information will be updated as it arrives. Thank you.
CSEA Local 403
Buffalo Psychiatric Center
400 Forest Ave. Buffalo, NY 14213
What is CSEA Local 403?
We organize and represent workers to ensure our voice is heard, our place at the table is kept and the American dream is ours in the 21st century.
As a labor union, we hold these values as our working principles:
- Honesty: We are honest with ourselves and each other.
- Inclusiveness: Every group, every idea is welcomed.
- Full Participation: We encourage and expect full participation in all union matters.
- Respect: We respect each other and honor our differences.
- Diversity: We celebrate our diversity and use it to strengthen us.
- Open Communications: We listen and provide for open communication across all parts of our union and in all directions.
- Accountability: We are accountable for our actions and decisions.
- Fiscal Responsibility: We conduct our business in a fiscally sound manner.
As a labor union, we are committed to union democracy
and we follow these values with integrity
OMH Highlights 2018-19
CSEA President Danny Donohue Outraged at Anti-Labor Groups Harassing Public Employees
New York State
Department Of Civil Service
Attendance And Leave Manual
The following material describes the new or revised attendance and leave provisions contained in the 2016-2021 Agreements between the State of New York and CSEA for employees in the Administrative Services Unit (ASU), Institutional Services Unit (ISU), Operational Services Unit (OSU), and the Division of Military and Naval Affairs (DMNA).
GOVERNOR CUOMO DIRECTS NEW YORK STATE DEPARTMENT OF LABOR TO ISSUE GUIDANCE ON US SUPREME COURT JANUS DECISION
CSEA is seeking entries for the Nadra Floyd Award and the Membership Achievement Award – Learn more here.
These links provide updates for members to help stand in solidarity with
other union brothers and sisters:
– HELPFUL LINKS –
Skills for Success Catalog – unions.org – huffingtonpost.com – thehill.com – blog.aflcio.org
addictinginfo.org – washingtonpost.com – wnylabortoday.com
bloomberg.com – moveon.org – wnylabortoday.com – laborlour.com
Join the HOT list of AFL-CIO to learn more about positive actions, labor facts and news from locals that deserve our attention by texting HOT to AFLCIO (235246).
Join the NOT list of AFL-CIO to learn more about actions that can use your support, who is working against working family interests and what can be done by texting NOT to AFLCIO (235246).